- Assess exposure by all routes (inhalation,ingestion and skin absorption).
- Assess efficacy of personal protective equipment and engineering controls.
- Assess human factors.
Environmental applications for Chemitrace’s biomonitoring tests include:
- Monitoring populations exposed to heavy and continuous traffic movements.
- Monitoring populations living in areas impacted by pollutants.
- Testing individuals suspected of being subject to exposure (including support of legal actions).
- Monitoring populations potentially exposed to airborne pollutants through specific activities e.g. working old landfill sites, decommissioning/refurbishing old plant etc.
Chemitrace’s tests can be used by occupational hygienists and physicians to:
Confirm compliance with regulations and approvals:
For example COSHH risk assessment (regulation 6), controlling risk (regulation 7), use & maintenance of controls (regulations 8 & 9), monitoring exposure (regulation 10), health surveillance (regulation 11) and training employees about risk (regulation 12).
Evaluate Site Safety Practices:
Confirm procedures, protocols and the correct use and function of personal protective equipment.
Establish Good Practice:
Confirm that you are deploying ‘Best Health & Safety Working Practice’ and support improvements in working practice.
Provide Safety Assurance to Employees:
Confirm the safety of operatives occupied in potentially hazardous tasks.
Identify Exposure Trends:
Identify and monitor exposure trends and assess low-level exposures over time.